It’s considered to be good for mind, body and soul.
Yoga is currently being offered at Kwah Hall in Fort St. James every Monday from 5-6 pm from January until March.
Yoga is an ascetic Hindu discipline involving controlled breathing, prescribed body postions and meditation with the goal of attaining a state of deep spiritual insight and tranquility.
The stretches and positional exercises are developed to promote good health, fitness and control of the mind.
Other physical benefits of yoga include:
- Increased flexibility.
- Increased muscle strength and tone.
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality and immunity.
- Maintaining a balanced metabolism.
- Weight reduction.
- Cardio and circulatory health.
- Improved athletic performance.
- Protection from injury.
- Helps you sleep better
- Fights food cravings
Things to remember before starting a yoga regime:
– Yoga can be intense. It’s not just about stretching as much as it is about strengthening.
– Yoga is a mental and spiritual practice…not simply physical.
– Find what feels good for you and stick with it. Take it at your own pace.
– You will gain a sense of self-satisfaction after each class leaving you feeling stronger and relaxed.
The classes are open to the community and anyone can register.
For anyone who has any questions or would like to register, contact: Sarah Creasor at: (250)996-7400.