“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” ~Ansel Adams
Join in the CNC Learning Hub and Fort St. James first annual Portraits of FSJ Literacy contest and capture the importance of literacy in everyday life.
The photos that are entered will be used to promote literacy throughout Fort St. James. Submissions will be posted online and everyone will be encouraged to vote for their favorites.
PRIZES: The grand prize will be a Kodak C143 Silver digital camera, a $50 gift certificate, award recognition and bragging rights.
How to Enter the April 2011 Portraits for Literacy Fort St. James Photo Contest:
There are two ways to submit photographs.
1. Complete the on-line Photo Entry and Release Form and submit digital photos to: email@example.com
2. Submit photographs by e-mail, mail or drop off in person. Prints can be submitted on a CD or DVD along with completed Photo Entry and Release Form. Forms can be faxed to (250) 996 7014.
Drop off entries to:
College of New Caledonia
179 Douglas Street
Fort St. James, BC
Or Submissions can be mailed to:
C/O: CNC Portraits for Literacy Fort St. James Photo Contest
PO Box 1557
Fort St. James, BC
Notice: Photo Release forms can be obtained from the College of New Caledonia Website by clicking on Fort St. James, and then the “Learning Hub Link” just print the release form off of the “Learning Hub Bulletin Board”. Photos can also be viewed here and will be posted on the web link.
Submissions will be accepted April 1, 2011 through April 28, 2011.
1. Contestants must be at least 18 years old or have parental authorization. A hard copy Photo Entry and Release Form, including guardian signature, must be submitted by those under 18, photos can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Forms may be submitted via mail or fax. (See Submitting Photos option 2)
3. Minor digital enhancements for cropping, red-eye removal, are permitted, but images that have been altered in any significant manner will be disqualified. Contestants are not permitted to place borders, frames or backgrounds around their images or to place watermarks, dates, signatures or copyright images onto photos.
4. Contestants may submit up to 3 photos.
1. Six photo finalists will be selected via an online poll on the website and a panel of judges.
Use of the Photos
1. Entry materials will not be returned.
2. The College of New Caledonia and Learning Hub reserves the right to crop registered photographs for display purposes, if necessary, and for other needs as required or as they see fit.
3. In the event that ownership of any photograph submitted to the College of New Caledonia and the Learning Hub is contested in any manner, we reserve the right to discontinue use of said photograph and disqualify the photograph from the contest.
4. Entries that fail to comply with the Contest Rules will be disqualified.
5. The College of New Caledonia and the Learning Hub have the rights to use and publish the photograph on our website, in publications, or on display for non-commercial purposes to promote literacy activities.