A fireworks technician was injured by a fireworks misfire on Canada Day in Fort St. James.
At shortly after 11 p.m., only a few minutes into the annual Canada Day fireworks display over Cottonwood Beach, the show was brought to an end when something went wrong with one of the devices.
The injured man had burns to his lower body, but the injuries were considered not life-threatening.
The man was taken by ambulance to Vanderhoof due to the current closure of the Stuart Lake Hospital Emergency room.
The remaining fireworks were packed up and will be stored until it is determined what will be done with them.
Fire Chief Rob Bennett said he has been in contact with the company as to the disposal of the explosives.
The incident will be investigated.
Previous reports of injured firefighters were based on reports from persons at the scene, but were determined to be incorrect.