Applications are now available for any businesses interested in the Fort St. James Façade Improvement Program.
The appearance of a community can create a sense of appreciation and civic pride for citizens and make a place more attractive to visitors according to the District of Fort St. James.
The program is made available by a grant through Northern Development Initiative Trust.
“We believe the building frontages of the business community should be a reflection of how our town is valued by its citizens, the character and quality of life that we welcome here.”
The District is pleased to continue to provide this program to businesses by providing monetary assistance as an incentive to improve the character and physical appearance of a particular business while still maintaining their own identity.
According to District, the program intends to:
– Make the downtown community more inviting and a more interesting place to shop, eat, walk and play.
– Promote the marketability of commercial ventures to visitors and community members in Fort St. James.
– Help building owners attract and retain tenants
– Improve the quality of life for residents, workers and visitors to the community.
– Build civic pride among businesses and the citizens of Fort St. James.
The deadline for applications is April 29 at 4:30 p.m.
For detailed program information visit: https://fortstjames.civicweb.net/filepro/documents/17838
Or call Lina at the District Office at: (250) 996-8233