A boil water advisory for Nak’azdli has been lifted.
According to the Nak’azdli Health Centre, a boil water advisory which had been put out in the community on Oct. 2 had been lifted and the water is safe, with results from Prince George confirming the source was not the issue.
Instead, bacteria on individual taps may have been the problem, and people are being advised to clean the screens on their taps.
At the health centre, they advise scrubbing the screen with some type of scrub brush or an old tooth brush and then putting the tap in a cup of water with a touch of bleach or other disinfectant.
Part of the problem may also have been a series of flu-related illnesses going around people were mistaking for water-born illness.