Six Northern Health nurses have been recognized in the 2014 College of Registered Nurses in British Columbia (CRNBC). In total 36 awards were presented to nurses in B.C. in seven categories.
The CRNBC website says the awards program is an opportunity to “honour colleagues for their outstanding contributions to the profession and demonstrating excellence in relation to the CRNBC Professional Standards for Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners.”
“Northern Health staff, including our nurses, work hard every day to provide high quality care to northerners,” said Suzanne Johnston, Northern Health Vice President of Clinical Services and Chief Nursing Officer. “Having our staff recognized by the CRNBC is a big honour, and further shows the fantastic team of registered nurses working in northern B.C.”
The Northern Health award winners are:
Excellence in Nursing Administration
* Val Waymark – Regional Manager Community Care Facilities Licensing Public Health Protection – Prince George
Excellence in Nursing Practice
* Linda Keefe – Coordinator HIV / AIDS Prevention Program – Prince George
* Barb Schuerkamp – Head Nurse – Tumbler Ridge Health Centre
* Celia Evanson – Nurse Practitioner – Nak’azdli Health Centre
* Leslie Murphy – UHNBC Maternity Child Manager – Prince George
* Lisa Cox – Registered Nurse – Valemount Health Centre
The award winners will be honoured at an event in Vancouver this September.
Details about the CRNBC Awards of Excellence are available here: https://crnbc.ca/CRNBC/AWARDS/EXCELLENCE/Pages/Default.aspx