The Northern Healthy Communities Forum will be facilitated by B.C. Healthy Communities on behalf of the PlanH Program and hosted in partnership with Northern Health.
The free event will take place on May 3 from 9 – 4 p.m. at the BC Encana Events Centre in Dawson Creek.
The Forum will bring together local governments, the health sector and various community partners working towards healthier communities in the northern region.
This pre-convention forum will highlight the successes to date of healthy community partnerships throughout the northern region, providing inspirational stories and practical tools for addressing key health and well-being challenges.
According to BC Healthy Communities, the forum invites Northern NCLGA local government, First Nations staff, elected officials and Northern Health staff.
All are invited to:
– Hear the stories behind the successes in collaborating across sectors for healthier communities
– Learn about effective plans, policies and initiatives that are making a difference in communities around the region
– Explore what’s possible when local governments, health authorities and other community partners collaborate for greater impact.
– Connect with others to get innovative ideas and useful resources for your community.
– Identify critical next steps for healthy community partnerships in the region, including how to move further upstream and innovate for greater impact.
Limited travel subsidies are available upon request. Space is limited.
To preregister or for more information, contact Celeste Zimmer at: email@example.com