I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who helped make the speaking engagement with Dr Gabor Mate on November 26 and 27 such a huge success.
The Harm Reduction Committee, made up of partnering agencies, was instrumental in bringing this idea to fruition. I deeply appreciate your hard work and dedication as you strive on a daily basis to improve the health and well-being of our communities.
Thank you to:
• The STOP HIV Program and Nak’azdli Health Centre for your financial support.
• Nak’azdli First Nations for the use of Kwah Hall and Nak’albun School students and staff for sacrificing your gym time; allowing us to have space large enough to accommodate everyone.
• Those who came out in support of the conference. Your response and attendance was greater than expected.
• Dr. Mate who agreed to come to our small community and left a large imprint.
• Those who were involved in different capacities during the 2 days.
• The people and agencies that are committed to working in partnership for a common goal.
It is deeply gratifying and rewarding to live and work in such an amazingly hospitable community.
Jo Anne Alexander