Caledonia Classic Sled Dog Race hitches up another year of great events in Fort St. James February 25-27.
Clockwise from top:
1) Sled dogs make the final dash to the finish.
2) Council gets out to the Classic. (L-R) Councillor Bev Playfair, Mayor Sandra Harwood, Councillor Brenda Gouglas.
3) The flag is ready to drop as the sleds line up at the start.
4) A sled of kids is pulled by a “mutt” in the Kid and Mutt event on Saturday.
5) Spectators get a ride on a sled courtesy of visiting musher Eric Marsden.
6) Local musher Sam Perrino leans over to look around the sled.
7) Sled dogs rest after returning from a long stage of the 3 day stage race.
8) Sandy Burke tends to a dog after winning the second stage of the 150 mile stage race.
9) Terry Houghton gets low as he heads for the finish line.
10) (middle) Sam Perrino hitches up his team for a sprint